When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Starting Out

I'm joining the blogging revolution. I figure I might not have much to say, but it might help me get my thoughts out of my head and onto virtual paper. I don't know yet who will be reading his. Probably just me, as a way of processing my journey but perhaps I'll join the online community and find support in other bloggers words and comments. Perhaps I'll share this with family and friends too. This will also just give me at outlet for my rants, especially on days when I'm feeling moody, bitchy, and very negative. But I'll try to comment on other things, not just infertility. Like for instance my recent obsession with celebrities. And celebrity pregnancies. Which kind of drive me nuts, but it's like a car accident - I can't help but look in.

First, let me offer an introduction. I've recently, if you count one year as recently, entered the sorry world of infertility. It's a scary, frightening, overwhelming, frustrating, negative, and an emotional roller coaster of a place to be, to say the least. My marriage has been tested, my sense of self has been tested, my sense of purpose has been tested, and my body has been tested as well. I'll share my medical history in follow-up posts. Right now it's too draining to type about it. But I'm hoping to get through this and find the happiness I used to treasure.

Going through infertility has been very challenging. I find some comfort knowing that I'm not going through this alone. I've recently started reading other people's blogs about their own struggles to build their families, and it's been a cathartic process. It makes me feel less alone and validates my emotions in a way that I haven't been able to get from most friends. Unless you've gone through this yourself, you can't begin to process the pain and despair that lives inside an infertile. There's an online community of people who understand, and I hope they'll be there for my ups and downs and share advice and perspective.

So join me, read on. I welcome your advice, knowing that I can't do this alone.

My blog's name
Well, you all know that expression when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. I am trying to do just that, but not always succeeding.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Kiki said…

    I can't believe how much your story is just like mine! I too was left with a seemingly defunct uterus after an early miscarriage in 2008. Apparently, the D&C scarred my right tube and I've been on the hellish infertility journey since then. As of this morning I failed yet another early response test and I'm at the lowest point I've been at in a while. Finding your blog and hearing my own voice through yours is a powerful antidote to the misery of feeling both barren and alone. Thank you so much for starting your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home