When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Only in NY

The craziest "Only in NY" thing happened to me yesterday. I was standing outside my office, waiting for the bus, freezing b/c I wasn't dressed right for this unseasonably cold June day. I was talking to my co worker/friend A, when I saw a cab coming towards me. I decided to take a cab home, and got in. The cab driver asked me if I was talking to my boyfriend, and I said no, it was just my friend. I told him I was married, and he said, oh, that's too bad. So I thought he was just being nice and flirty and trying to make conversation.
He then asked me if he looked familiar to me. I said no. He asked if I had recognized him from the Today Show, David Letterman, Oprah, or his own show on the Discovery Network. I thought this man was on drugs and contemplated getting out of this whack job's cab. He then proceeded to tell me that he is famous, known the world over as the Matchmaking Cabbie. He said he has an incredible track record for setting up his passengers. He pulled out press clippings of articles written about him in People, Glamour, and Wall Street Journal! This guy was for real. Apparently he runs a matchmaking service out of his cab, and one of his set ups resulted in a marriage - he drove the couple to their wedding in his taxicab. He also told me that women in NY are looking for the wrong thing in men; they all want "rich, good looking Tom Cruise types, but doesn't every NY girl know by now that he's gay?!?!)" And he also told me he thought that" 50% of all the single men in NY were gay and then 1/2 of the other half are just trying to be gay." Totally random.
He also told me that he is famous for decorating his cab at Christmas time with holiday decorations and lights, and takes pictures of all his passengers in his cab during the holidays. He showed me the pics. Oh, and if you are a single lady and you happen to get in his cab on Valentines Day, he'll have a single red rose waiting for you.
So I got home and Google'd this guy and sure enough, he's for real

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home