When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

When it rains it pours

On Monday I had my third blood work up. hcg was at 4375 and my progesterone went back up to 23. Woo hoo! I’m so excited. Perhaps the progesterone suppositories are doing their thing. At this rate, my hcg is doubling something like every 36 hours. I don’t know if that’s good, bad, normal, too high, too low. I don’t want to keep looking things up on the Internet because Dr. Google is making me crazy. I’m still pregnant for now – that’s all that matters.

On Monday I was also offered another job. The new job would have been a big promotion, with a little more money, 5 weeks vacation and 2 blocks from home. But given current pregnancy circumstances, I thought it would be best if I stayed put and stayed at my current job. So I negotiated, and my current job counter-offered somewhat, and I’m staying. The whole process was mentally exhausting and took up a lot of time, energy, and tears, but at the end of the day on Tuesday, I decided to stay at my current job. I was given a promotion, a lesser position than the one the new job would’ve offered, but a promotion none the less. Plus, they gave me a little more money at work, and an extra week’s vacation so that I now get 4 weeks. I’m thrilled! I declined the new job offer, and told them the truth – that I recently found out that I am pregnant (or “fell pregnant” as my British friends say) and that right now the stress of a new job would not be the best thing for me. They agreed, and also told me that should the pregnancy continue, I wouldn’t be here long enough to collect any maternity leave so I’m better off staying put. So all’s well that ends well. This is one less thing that I have to worry about and as it was weighing pretty heavily on me, I’m glad it’s all settled.

Tomorrow morning I have my first ultrasound. I hope there’s a gestational sac or two in there. I don’t think I can bear it if there isn’t.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Nica said…

    YAY! I have been checking twice a day since I read your last post. It sounds like everything is going fine.

    YAY!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Murray said…

    Congrats on the beta and the promotion.

    Good luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Beta is a good sign!

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger noela said…

    Hey, that's awesome about negotiating your way to a promotion! Congrats!

    Good luck with your u/s -- please let us know how it goes.

    Take care,
    Nilla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home