When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day 12

Yesterday I went in for my day 12 ultrasound. I'm not doing Clomid this month, but decided it might be worthwhile to do an IUI, just to give us another chance at TTC this month. Can't hurt, right. Having good HSG results means we can try on our own but since my insurance covers the IUI, I called the RE’s office and they said they could still do an IUI.

So I go to my RE's office yesterday, and as it's a group practice, you never know which RE you'll actually see.The RE on call walks in, and it's not my primary RE. It’s this young guy who doesn't look a day over 18. He enters the room, and without making any eye contact with me says "We've met before, nice to see you again." In fact, we had met before. He did my IUI last cycle. But it kinda freaked me out that he said this to me without actually looking up at my face.

Did he recognize me by my ultrasound? It's as if he's subtly saying I don't know you but I sure do know your follicles. We go way back. Your ovaries and I had dinner last week, where were you.

Now I wasn't totally put off by this because the RE is perfectly nice and perfectly pleasant, but it's just a little odd. Was he flirting? Didn’t his mom ever tell him that being a doctor is surely a great wait to meet women, but perhaps not so much if he goes into fertility as his medical specialty. All the women he will meet as patients will be otherwise engaged I would think. Or, perhaps he’s banking on some of his patients having hot, single sisters and friends and they’d offer up said sisters and friends on a blind date as payment for getting pregnant with his help. But I digress.

As of day 12, my follicles weren’t big enough yet for the HCG trigger and the IUI. I had 2 on the left side, with the largest measuring about 15 mm. This is good news I think, but the weird thing is that I had about 2 good follicles with similar measurements when I was on the Clomid the last 2cycles. So it seems the Clomid did jack shit for me. It didn’t tip the scale at all. I was told to come back on Friday, Day 14, for another ultrasound. Let’s hope my follicles are big and juicy by then, and that my lining is looking good. Then my IUI will probably be on Saturday or Sunday. In the meantime, B and I are just enjoying ourselves, drinking wine (at least I am!) and TTCing the ole fashioned way.

Oh, I think I got tagged by Zee and Watson. I’ll respond to the questions soon – I promise. This will keep me sane during next week’s two week wait. My first tag. I’m so excited. Has anyone not gotten tagged who would like to be? Let me know.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there,

    I wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK on the IUI this weekend. In the meantime, have that wine and let's hope you get good news in 2+ weeks and that's the end of the wine for a few months! 'Til then, enjoy!!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    Good luck with your IUI!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's to plump and luscious follicles and a successful weekend of IUI activity. Then a short 2ww, a second pink line, an astronomical beta, and....well, you get the picture. I'm rooting for you out here in the 'burbs! (If you open your window and listen REALLY carefully, you might just be able to hear me!)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with the IUI! A friend of mine told me that her RE said that Clomid can continue to affect your cycles even after you are not taking it, at least for the first one or two. Maybe this is happening for you? Or maybe the clomid just didn't do squat for you.

    Can't wait to read your responses to the tag!

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    I hope things go well for you this weekend!

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said…

    Fingers crossed!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home