When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The perfect poem

I found the perfect poem to describe my feelings toward my miscarriage. It's on a website called ritualwell.org, which gives meaninful ceremony ideas for Jewish lifecycle events. I came across this site when I was planning my wedding and on a whim jsut logged back in today to see if they address issues related to infertility and pregnancy loss. Sure enough, they do. So without further ado, here's the poem I found ( I can't copy and paste the text because of their privacy policy, but you can read it for yourself).

6 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Big hug!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YES! Exactly! That's just how it feels. Thank you for finding and posting that, Ella.

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said…

    Another Big Hug!!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said…

    I love this poem (I also found it on ritual well). We also wrote our own and added it to candlelighting on Friday nights. We called it the Cos Emanu (Our Mother's Cup) and we filled a glass with pomegranate juice and read a poem that we wrote about the 5 women who experienced IF in the Bible. We stopped doing it after a while, but maybe this is the kick I needed to bring it back. Thank you for posting this.

    Mel

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Thalia said…

    Ella thanks so much for that link. I thought the poem was wonderful and that a couple of the other essays on infertility were very well written and thoughtful. The spiritual side of me has not really had much of a look-in to this medical nightmare. Thank you for showing a link to it.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger noela said…

    I agree with the senitments of that poem wholeheartedly. I have to say, for this early blighted ovum type of miscarriage....I do not feel the same as I did when I miscarried the twins. But I was already so attached to them after seeing them on ultrasound....it felt much different. This poem captures how I felt after my first miscarriage perfectly.

    Thanks for posting the link.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home