When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Square peg fits into a round hole for once

I finally have good news to share for a change. My HSG today showed a clear, scar-free uterus. I’m so excited. Finally some good news. I was freaking out over it and anticipated the worst. I panicked. I went in there with a completely nervous stomach and an abundance of emotional tears. But this time the HSG wasn’t as uncomfortable. I guess it makes a huge difference if they’re trying to get the catheter in through scarring. That’s probably what made it hurt like hell previously. B was watching the dye fill in and for a second thought all hope was lost. I couldn’t look at him, I was too worried that looking at him and seeing the look on his face (if it was a “not good news” look) would only make me panic more. He said at first it looked like the dye hovered around my cervix and wasn’t going to go any further. Damn stubborn dye! But then it burst through and filled up the entire uterus. And what a uterus it is - I was told it’s the right size, shape and looked as good as it gets. I’m ecstatic. I also asked the radiologist if my tubes were open and he said one definitely, and the other most likely. He needed to review the report some more to confirm but hey, one good tube is all it takes.

So now I left a message for the RE to see if we can still do a round of IUI this cycle. I’m not on Clomid, and today is day 6 so I feel like I missed the Clomid boat. But perhaps they can still do an IUI at ovulation time, just to give us a little insurance for this cycle. It can’t hurt. If not, we’ll do the baby dance the ole fashioned way. IT works for millions of people so why couldn’t it work for me. Who knows – maybe we’ll get lucky for a change.

The past 3 nights I’ve been enjoying wine again. It had been over a year since I really allowed myself a glass of wine. I could get used to this. I’m feeling so much better. Thanks for all of your support. It means the world to me.

14 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger noela said…

    Ella -- that is FANTASTIC news!!!!! :) I'm so happy and glad for you!!

    What a relief to have that test over with, and to get good news for a change!

    You must keep us updated on this cycle, possible clomid/IUI business. :)

    I hope I also get good news tomorrow from my ultrasound. Maybe your good news will rub off on me?!?! ;)

    All the best,
    Nilla

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I am so glad that the HSG went well!

    Hope the IUI works out for you!

    Take care

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear that the HSG went well for you, and ecstatic that your uterus is looking good! I hope that the IUI is still a possibility for this cycle.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing news! I've heard that an HSG can actually loosen clogged tissue that is blocking the cervix and/or tubes, so perhaps that is what the pause before the burst was, and maybe the HSG was actually helpful. I am elated for you two. If no IUI, then just do it the old fashioned way! Lots and lots! We conceived S on a night we went to Pearl Oyster Bar. Maybe you need some chowda to get things going ;-)

    JT

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    Fantastic! I'm so happy for your good news!

    Do you find you've become a cheap date? I've been enjoying wine again lately, too. But one glass into it I'm feeling fuzzy. Shameful!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ella,

    Congrats on the good HSG news, you must be so relieved!

    I hereby tag you for the '4' game, have a few glasses of wine while you're doing it :-)

    OH! And keep us posted.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for the HSG results! I'm glad it went well and I'm glad you're feeling better. This was a big step and you survived it!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger dawnatello said…

    good luck!!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ella, that's excellent news! You must be so relieved! Now drink some wine and get down and funky...who knows, maybe this cycle will be THE cycle. We're all rooting for you and that fine lookin' uterus of yours!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said…

    That is great news! A healed uterus can take you far in the babymaking game! Hope you get there soon!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger ms. c said…

    Wonderful news on the HSG!!!
    Enjoy the wine, as I hope you won't be able to have some for months to come.
    Keep us posted on the cycle!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoo Hoo! It's so nice to pop over and hear some good news! Let's hope the good news keeps coming!!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Sarah and Tim said…

    I'm so glad this HSG wasn't as painful as last time! And congrats on the good results.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear that everything looks good. And that the HSG wasn't as painful as before.

    Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home