When Life Gives You Lemons

Trying to make the most out of infertility, and life in general. This is my journey to conceive, after a miscarriage and D&C that left me with Asherman's Syndrome.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Breathing a bit easier

My 13 weeks appoint went well. Everything looks good. There's a baby swimming around in there, with what appears on screen to be a nice heartbeat. I'm ecstatic. I cannot believe I've made it this far. The OB said everything looked normal, and I started balling. I think she wasn't expecting someone to cry over good news, but that's just the way I am. She turned to B and said, "Is she going to cry until I actually hand her this baby?" and B said, "yeah, pretty much." But that’s ok…I'm a crier. That's how I deal with things. My next appointment is next Friday, to check cervical length and perhaps do an early anatomy. I'm starting to think maybe this is for real, which is very exciting.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there,

    Welcome back!

    I am so glad you got good news at the appointment.

    Have a great holiday :-)

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    I bet you cry when she hands you your baby, too. And good for you. You deserve to shed happy tears.

    I'm so glad things went well today.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FANTASTIC! I am sooo happy for you guys!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And you will also cry when she hands you the baby. But they will be tears of joy. Congrats Ella! I'm so happy for you and B!

    JT

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    deklurking week
    saying hi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home